How many of use Foursquare app? Do you know want it does?
Foursquare is a social networking service available for common smartphones. To use Foursquare on these devices, download the free app. The app’s purpose is to help you discover and share information about businesses and attractions around you.
How did they do that?
They first started using Chalk and Rubber balls to let people know about their product.
In India mostly in rural areas you still see a came with four squares and hoping around. I believe Foursquare tried this in a different way.
- Inorder to attract crowd to download their app and know more, they visited the popular conferences but did not set up a booth and spend thousands of dollars instead free Foursquares with a chalk and Rubber balls, they started playing and attracting the crowd. They played all day long and people were waiting to play this.
- While people were waiting, the founder made sure crowd downloads their app and play around this to understand more about their product.
- With this innovative idea, the game was published in major news publication and gone viral.
- They then went on social media and started getting viral.
- Within an year they were able to get from 0 to 1M users.
Sounds like a great plan right. “It’s not what you do, it’s how you“
Think different and make the difference.
Go through more articles by clicking on this link